The Center for Talent Reporting (CTR) is dedicated to advancing Talent Development Reporting principles (TDRp). TDRp is a groundbreaking, industry-led initiative to bring standard principles and reporting to all human capital processes. The effort was launched in October 2010 by Kent Barnett from Knowledge Advisors and Tamar Elkeles from Qualcomm. They brought together thought leaders and prominent practitioners to oversee the development of guiding principles, standard measures, statements, and reports – much like the Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) provide for accountants. We started with learning and development, and we now have the framework in place including definition of measures and sets of standard statements and reports for all key human capital processes. Learn more about TDRp by reading our Introduction to TDRp paper.
CTR was formed in October 2012 as a 501c6 not-for-profit organization in order to…
develop and promote the adoption of reporting standards for human capital that meet the needs of senior executives, talent management leaders, program managers, and other stakeholders. It is our vision that Talent Development Reporting principles are broadly accepted and widely employed as the world-class reporting standard for all human capital processes.
Funding comes from memberships and our founding sponsors. Governance is provided by a nine-member board of directors, including a Standards Committee, and an Advisory Council. Members have access to a measures library (with over 500 measures), more than 60 sample statements and reports in excel, and detailed guidance on implementing TDRp. Click to find out more about us, sponsorship opportunities and membership.
We hope you will find TDRp to be invaluable resource in managing your human capital and in demonstrating its value.
The Center for Talent Reporting is a 501c6 nonprofit, membership-based organization established in August 2012 to develop and promote standards for human capital reporting. The center is incorporated in the state of Colorado. Official address is 2043 Arroyo Ct., Windsor, CO 80550.
The Center will accomplish its mission and realize its vision by:
- Developing written standards for talent development reporting measurement, reporting, and management processes
- Creating written guidance for use of the standards
- Providing examples of statements and reports
- Providing answers, direction and coaching to practitioners
- Conducting workshops, conferences, and webinars. Participants will come from the general public, members, sponsors, partners, consultants, and software providers.
- Speaking about TDRp at conferences and meetings
- Writing about TDRp, including the publication of books, manuals, white papers, technical guidance, job aids and performance support tools
- Creating a professional certification for practitioners, certification for software providers, and accreditation for organizations
- Maintaining a website dedicated to TDRp, including a blog
- Maintaining communities of practice
- Working towards SHRM/ANSI/ISO standards
- Supporting sponsors and partners in their TDRp implementation or consulting practice
- Advocating for the adoption of TDRp in particular and reporting & management standards for HR in general